24 Watts UK Limited (registered number 13013654) (“us”, “our”, “we”, “24 Watts”) is the controller of your personal data collected through the Website. 24 Watts is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- What information can we collect?
- How is your personal information collected?
- How and why do we use and share your personal information?
- For how long do we keep your personal information?
- International Data Transfers
- Your Rights
- Contact Details
Your privacy is very important to us. Privacy Notice will help you understand what personal data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
We reserve the right to revise or amend this Policy at any time to reflect changes to our business or changes in the law. Where these changes are significant, we will endeavour to let users of the Website know. However, it is your responsibility to check this Policy before each use of the Website – for ease of reference the top of this Policy indicates the date on which it was last updated.
2. What information can we collect?
Where this Policy refers to ‘personal data’ it is referring to data about you from which you could be identified – such as your name, your date of birth, your contact details and even your IP address.
3. How is your personal information collected?
When you use the Website to request marketing be sent to you, participate in social media functions, contact us by email or by post, take part in an online survey, enter into competitions or report a problem with a Website, we may collect, store and use the personal data that you disclose to us.
We also collect information about you when you visit and interact with the Website through the use of technologies such as cookies. The following are examples of information we may collect:
- information about your device, browser or operating system.
- your IP address.
- information about links that you click and pages you view on our Website.
- length of visits to certain pages.
- subjects you viewed or searched for;
- page response times.
4. How and why do we use/share your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Your personal data is used in the following circumstances:
- Where you have asked us to do so or consented to us doing so.
- Where we need to do so in order to perform a contract, we have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
To unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email. You may also contact us or the third party directly if you do not wish to receive any marketing materials from us or them.
Sharing your personal data
Depending on how and why you provide us with your personal data we may share it in the following ways:
- We may share your personal data with any member of our company group.
- We may share with selected third parties who we sub-contract to provide various services and/or aspects of the Website’s functionality.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following
- if we were to sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we might disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of that sale.
- if 24 Watts or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or if we are asked to provide your details to a lawful authority in order to aid in the investigation of crime or disorder; and/or
Links to third party sites
Where we provide links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications that are not affiliated with such sites are out of our control and are not covered by this Policy.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to satisfy the purpose for which it was provided by you or collected by us (for example, for the time necessary for us to answer queries or resolve problems).
We may therefore retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the Personal Data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner. We may, instead of destroying or erasing your Personal Data, make it anonymous so that it cannot be associated with or tracked back to you. In certain cases, we may have legal or regulatory obligations that require us to retain specific records for a set period of time.
24 Watts UK Ltd takes the protection of personal data seriously. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed, including use of secure servers and passwords.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your/your child’s personal data in accordance with our instructions.
Despite these precautions, should a breach occur we have put in place procedures to deal with this and will notify you and any applicable regulator where required to do so.
7. International Data Transfers
Please note that some of our service providers may be based outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). These service providers may work for us or for one of our suppliers and may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your request for information and the provision of services or support services.
Where we transfer your/your child’s data to a service provider that is outside of the EEA or the UK (as relevant) we seek to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to make sure that your/your child’s personal data is held securely and that your/your child’s rights as a data subject are upheld. Transfers of personal data are made:
- to a country recognised by the appropriate body as providing an adequate level of protection; or
- to a country which does not offer adequate protection but whose transfer has been governed by approved standard contractual clauses or by implementing other appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to provide adequate protection.
8. Your rights
As a data subject you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. Below, we have described the various rights that you have, as well as how you can exercise them.
You may, at any time, request access to the personal data that we hold which relates to you. You can exercise this right at any time by writing to us by contacting us and telling us that you are making a subject access request.
9. Contact Details